.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Writings of a Misguided Blonde

A collection of poetry, prose, essays, short stories, etc...

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!

Friday, March 03, 2006

I Have Loved You in So Many Ways - Rod McKuen

I have loved you
in so many ways
in crowds or all alone.
When you were sleeping
beside me.

When you were away
and I imagined others
watching you in the street
or worse -
you in other people's arms.

I have seen the march
of beach birds and loved you.
I have lent myself
to summer sun and loved you.

And seeing naked trees
and raising my collar
to the wind
and counting minutes
till chartered hours
were there
I have loved you.

And the questions
never asked.
The answers learned
at love's expense.

I've promised myself.
I will not ask
where you have been tonight
I'll only say hello
and hope.

As published in
Seasons in the Sun by Rod McKuen.

1 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my favorites...
Tom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Check out my published content! Join Associated Content