.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Writings of a Misguided Blonde

A collection of poetry, prose, essays, short stories, etc...

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!

Monday, June 20, 2005

The Greatest American and The Little House on the Prairie Books...

This evening Brian and I ended up watching The Greatest American on the Discovery Channel. They are down to the selection of the top 5. As a result of highly spirited debate on our part, Brian and I ended up having a conversation regarding the American South during the Civil War - more specifically, what happened after Lincoln died.

In the end, Brian stated that one could easily upset many American sensibilities simply by systematically proving that red necks do live above the Mason-Dixon Line.

We both believe that this would eventually prove that Southerners are routinely maligned to this day as backwards, uncouth, and uneducated.

As a result, Brian just about has me convinced that I should write books about my childhood as I grew up in Omer, Michigan. This led me to become fascinated by the writings of Laura Ingalls Wilder - especially the Little House books.

Of course, I have had help. Last week I happened to catch a few old episodes of the acclaimed TV show - which I grew up watching. It instantly took me back to my childhood.

What I take away from all of this is the courage to eventually tell the story of my unique life at the end of the 20th century and the beginning of the 21st.

Even if it takes me until I am 75 years old, I will tell it in full and glorious detail.

Lindsey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Check out my published content! Join Associated Content